Every vehicle owner looks for car insurance policy that provides maximum security at minimum cost. As policy rates vary across insurance providers, people usually compare car insurance online to find an affordable one. Statistics reveals that, when you compare car insurance quotes online of more than 50 insurers, you can get at least 400 different plans. Thus, the task of selecting a suitable plan becomes easy for you.
Perhaps one of the easiest ways of compare car insurance online is to go to the website of a car insurance comparison site. If you chose to take this option you can quickly and easily compare the cost of car insurance, as well as other policy features and benefits. This would help towards you getting the best deal on your motor insurance premiums.
Of course, compare car insurance quotes online isn’t just about the price. While we all want to make savings on our car insurance it’s probably best to consider more than just the cost of the policy. A cheap policy that doesn’t include what you need or is unsuitable could just be a waste of money and could end up costing you more in the long run should you need to make a claim.
So, there are many factors which could be taken into account when you are comparing cheap car insurance online. Here we take a look at some of the cheap car insurance online.
Different types of cover
The first decision you’ll be faced with is what type of compare car insurance quotes would best suit your needs. There are three choices which are: third party only, third party – fire and theft and fully comprehensive. Third party car insurance offers the minimum amount of cover that allows you to drive on the road legally. As the name of the policy would suggest it basically provides cover for the “third party”. This means that should you cause an accident, any third party costs (such as damage to the other person’s vehicle) would be paid for by your insurer. However, any damage to your vehicle would not be covered and you would have to fund the repairs out of your own pocket. This type of insurance might be a consideration for you if your vehicle is very old and is not worth much.
Third party fire and theft insurance includes everything that third party only covers, however it also provides cover for your own car in the event it was damaged by fire or was stolen.
Fully comprehensive car insurance is the all-singing-all-dancing type of protection, offering all the cover provided by third party, fire and theft insurance plus the costs of any damage to your car, even if you caused the accident. Some providers also offer other additional benefits such as free handbag cover, legal cover, a courtesy car and No Claims Bonus protection. It really makes sense to see what each insurance provider offers as these can vary.
Once you have decided which level of cover would be the most suitable, you can then start compare car insurance quotes. Check out the terms and conditions carefully, as these can differ greatly with each provider. There can be exclusions for example. These are the things that could stop you from making a successful claim.
Tips to compare car insurance online
Here are some tips to compare car insurance online.
- It is very essential to identify the financial coverage you can have from this policy. Talk to you friends and relatives and asses about the kind of coverage that you will require. Talk to those people who own the type of car that you have. This will give you a basic idea on the coverage amount.
- While doing the search, look for the reputed companies only. Reputed companies are highly credible, so you can get the coverage amount instantly after you claim for it.
- The online quote search form will ask you for several queries like your car type, coverage amount, current market value of your vehicle etc. There can be several terms in the form that you may not be familiar with. Clarify all these jargons before you initiate your search.
- After you get your search results, look for the deductible amount along with the quotes. Generally, higher deductibles will offer you lower premium values. Hence, while you are searching for policies, see the relation between premium amount and deductible for each policy. Select those policies only where premium amounts are charged less when the deductible value rises.
- Liability insurance is very essential in providing ultimate security to your car. Naturally, you will need to purchase it also along with your plan. While comparing the quotes, see which policy is offering you the liability insurance at a minimum rate.